Mental Health First Aid training teaches attendees how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental illness, how best to support someone experiencing poor mental health or crisis, and where to signpost them for further help. Attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect our wellbeing.
Attendees are awarded a Mental Health First Aider qualification upon completion of the course, accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health.
We also run virtual open courses on which you can book an individual place / individual places. Find out when our next open course is running here.
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive distortions and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
We can accommodate groups of up to 16.
Learning is interactive and involves a combination of presentation, group discussion, group exercises and individual activities. All of our facilitators have completed the MHFA England Instructor Training programme and have a background or external practice in the mental health.
LUMINATE'S MHFA TRAINING INCLUDES:
• An MHFA handbook & workbook
• Live facilitator-led training sessions
The live sessions are hosted live via Zoom (or a similar platform) by one of our qualified facilitators and split across 4 days, with homework to be completed in-between sessions.
-- 10 hours of facilitator-led learning:
• 4x two and a half hour sessions (split over 4 days)
-- 7 hours of home learning:
• 1x one-hour session
• 3x two-hour sessions
Delivered live, in your workplace, by one of Luminate’s facilitators, across 2 full days (9am – 5pm)
This training suitable is for staff at all levels. We recommend this course for managers, HR staff and employees with an interest in mental health and wellbeing.
Ryan [our facilitator] IS an inspirational speaker. He delivered the course with great passion, knowledge, kindness, and patience. I do not believe you can find a better instructor than him for this important matter. The team and I wish him all the best in his mission to reduce stigma around mental health and are right behind him and the MHFA.
I really enjoyed the course and feel I now have quite a different view on mental health. Although some of the topics are extremely difficult, they were dealt with in as light hearted manner as was possible. Tricia [our facilitator] was very thorough, compassionate and explained everything in easy to understand terms. Thank you!
Superb online Mental Health First Aider course, expertly and sensitively run, and with excellent materials. The whole experience has been really positive.