Unfortunately, it’s still possible for two people to share a desk every day and for one to be totally unaware the other has a debilitating mental or psychological condition. And, unlike most physical illnesses, the signs of poor mental health aren’t always easy to spot.
Our Mental Health Awareness training is designed to give employees and employers the very best chance of being able to spot a colleague in crisis, to know when and how it’s appropriate to intervene and how organisations can support people on their journey back to wellness.
• Why do we find it hard to stay mentally healthy in our modern world?
• The link between stress & mental illness
• The factors that influence our mental health
• The impact of lockdown & covid-19 on our mental health
• What are some of the common symptoms of poor mental health?
• Looking out for physical symptoms, behavioral symptoms & signs in someone’s work
• Spotting these signs when not seeing our colleagues face to face
• Some common triggers of mental illnesses
• Personal life changes & changes at work
• Understanding stress and recognising burnout
• Understanding the symptoms of the most commonly-diagnosed mental illnesses
• Breaking down the stigma around mental illness
• Starting the conversation; a framework for having effective discussions around mental
• Confidentiality if someone is unwell
• Supporting someone who is off work / returning to work with mental illness (case study work)
• How can we influence mental health at work?
• How damaging workplace cultures can exacerbate mental illness
• Meeting our psychological needs
• Building a healthy workplace culture
• What we can proactively do to protect our mental health
• Where to go for further help
Learning is interactive and involves a combination of presentation, group discussion, group exercises, and individual activities.
Virtual sessions can accommodate groups of up to 16.
FULL VIRTUAL DELIVERY
This a 4-hour course, split into 2 modules:
2x 2-hour live, facilitator-led session. Hosted via video-conference
(We recommend holding the sessions across 2 days)
This is a 3.5-hour course, split into 2 modules:
1-hour online learning module. To be completed before live session
2.5-hour live, facilitator-led sessions. Hosted via video-conference
Face to face sessions can accommodate groups of up to 12.
This is a 7-hour course delivered live, in your workspace by one of Luminate's experienced facilitators.
Breaks are built into this full day course.
This is a 4-hour course delivered live, in your workspace by one of Luminate's experienced facilitators.
Breaks are built into this morning or afternoon course.
This training suitable is for staff at all levels. We recommend this course for managers, HR staff and employees with an interest in mental health and wellbeing.
Luminate delivered Mental Health Awareness for Managers training to over 200 of our managers - it is an engaging, informative and greatly received training. Working with Luminates employees and training facilitators was a pleasure.
I just wanted to share a quick note and thank Mel and Jana for organising our Mental Health Workshops. Jana did a fantastic job and was really engaging in all three sessions delivered. We found the content incredibly useful. Two of the three sessions were delivered globally via a webinar format and were greatly received. It was a pleasure working with Jana and Mel as no request was too difficult, they were always happy to accommodate any requests I made. I would definitely recommend Luminate, and look forward to having them more sessions in the near future
We engaged Luminate to run mental health awareness training with our managers. Mel’s delivery style was very positive and we felt the training had the desired positive impact.
The training methods were varied, for example, different learning styles were taken into account, as well the levels of experience in the groups. Feedback from participants was very good overall and the training provided a foundation for good management practice.
I can recommend Luminate as a training provider that is completely reliable, works to high standards and in partnership with their clients.